<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

31 Flavors of Rumsfeld `

Donald Rumsfeld, the U.S. Secretary of Defense (seriously, he's the only one we've got) says...

On Monday, to the Council on Foreign Relations:



asked to explain the connection between Saddam and Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda
network -- one of the U.S. arguments for launching a war on Iraq... He replied:
"To my knowledge, I have not seen any strong, hard evidence that links
the two
."
Today:



Rumsfeld said Tuesday he was misunderstood when he stated hours earlier that he knew of no "strong, hard evidence" linking Saddam Hussein's Iraq and al Qaeda. "I have acknowledged since September 2002 that there were ties between al Qaeda and Iraq."
He then posted on the Pentagon's website some "arguments for suggesting links between al Qaeda and Iraq under Saddam." Arguments for suggesting links to Iraq under Saddam... is that like a "Weapons of Mass Destruction related program activity"?

All that runaround and you can't even get a link TO Saddam? or howabout his government? No, the closest you can get is to make an argument for suggesting a "link" to some part of Iraq while Saddam was there?!? Wait, were we talking about a case for America going to war, or who's going to win the World Series in 2007? Because I was going to ask for some proof initially, but now, with your incredible argument supporting suggestion of linkage to Iraq, I don't see how we could possibly pass up the chance for this war.

There is more established evidence connecting Bin Laden and the Bush family. Shit, for that matter, we've all seen the video of Rumsfeld himself shaking hands w/ Saddam.

But my favorite Rumsfeldian reversal on Al Queda/Iraq collaboration has got to the following, from today:
"I don't know, because I'm not in that business"

Rest easy, I guess it doesn't really matter after all! I could almost let that slide if only he would actually shut the hell up about it....

source: Reuters - Rumsfeld Says He Was Misunderstood on Iraq-Al Qaeda
# posted by atz at 10/06/2004 11:03:00 AM
Comments:
Joe, could you please fix the clock on your blog. I know you don't care, but it drives me nuts.

- Your OTHER reader
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?